Whether you're a movie buff wanting to see how the movies were made, or just like roller coasters and relaxing in the sun, Universal Studios is a great place to visit.
Universal Studios has locations in Los Angeles, Orlando, Spain and Japan! The location in Hollywood (Los Angeles) was the first.
What to see: At the park you'll be able to walk through stage sets, learn about how special effects are created (don't miss the updated Studio Tour and the Special Effects Stages) . The new Fortress Dracula ride - set in 19th Century Transylvania is now open - arrive early to avoid long lines.
Universal Studios City Walk
Universal Studios City Walk, located outside the park (no admission fee) provides all ages entertainment and dining. It's the type of place that local teenagers often hang out and a great place to grab a sit-down meal or do a little shopping before heading back to your hotel. Entertainment includes movies, BB King Blues Club, an rock-and-roll piano show at Howl at the Moon, and virtual NASCAR racing.
- Plan Ahead! Discount tickets are often available on-line & you won't have to wait in line to buy a ticket at the park.
- Group discounts may be available for large parties
- Park Hours change frequently. Call to check hours for the day of your visit.
- The park is less crowded during the winter than the summer
- Arrive early for best parking.
- Bring a light jacket - even if it's hot during the day it can get chilly in the evening
- Foggy days can end up being very hot after the fog burns off - dress in layers (and while talking wardrobe... be sure to wear comfortable shoes)
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!